How To wash Your Weave
I’ve been identified to keep weaves for a long time, so long that I’m a supply of surprise amongst my associates. I at present personal some weaves I have had since 2010 and what’s my secret
I wash my hair.
I’m not even trying to be funny right here. These ladies you see, with the sweet floss looking hair and the pungent odor that follows, we all know they don’t wash their hair. Nonetheless, I know people who in 2013 insist that you just don’t have to clean your your weave usually and fairly frankly this makes me want to weep. In my opinion, if you paid good money for the weave, it follows that you must take good care of it too.
Nonetheless, this isn’t a rant. I know a number of ladies have problems with washing their hair while its in a weave, and whether your hair underneath is relaxed or natural, the following guide ought to make the process a lot quicker and easier to know.
Virgin Hair (e.g. Brazilian, Peruvian, Indian Hair etc.)
This is probably the easiest sort of hair to wash and condition. Please note that in case your weave is glued in versus a sew-in, you have to be further cautious to forestall the glued wefts from dissolving.
– Divide your hair in to two sections as in the event you had been placing it in a pony tail and rest them over your chest. Gently de-tangle with a paddle brush or wide toothed comb.
– Wet your hair with warm water in a downward motion, starting close to the highest of the weft where the tracks are. I find this much easier to do while within the shower, but you are able to do it over the sink or the bathtub with a bowl of water. Be very cautious as we don’t need to saturate the tracks beneath the weave.
– Once the hair is wet enough, apply a small amount of moisturising shampoo in a downward movement to remove the initial dirt and excess oils from your hair. I like to recommend Natural Essences Good day Hydration Shampoo, as a result of best 360 frontal it stops my weave from feeling brittle and dry. You’ll find that the hair is very laborious to lather up at this stage, but this is regular. Rinse, then repeat this process once more until the water runs clear.
– Apply an excellent conditioner to the hair, again in a downward movement. I’d recommend the Natural Essence Conditioner to accompany the shampoo talked about above. Go away it in for about quarter-hour and rinse. Alternatively you’ll be able to co-wash instead of using the aforementioned shampoo. Just you’ll want to rinse completely to prevent product build-up.
– Finally, it is probably finest to air dry the hair or sit beneath a dryer. Some folks add depart in conditioners or oils to the hair before they dry it however I find this unnecessary, as we’d have already moisturised with the conditioner. It’s crucial that your tracks are dry before you depart the home or go to bed, otherwise they’ll fester and you get that funky smell!
– I wash my hair no less than every 10 days, nevertheless it is determined by how much product you employ in your hair. The texture of the hair additionally matters and as a basic rule the curlier the hair, the extra you will need to scrub it to maintain the curl pattern.
Human Hair (e.g. Milky Method, Premium Now/Too, J’adore)
Not numerous human hair can withstand regular washing, and sometimes the price is so low that you do not need to reuse it. From my experience, Milky Means is okay to clean as soon as, however in the event you wash Premium Now hair you’ll end up with one packet installed instead of the three you began with. Hair labelled as ‘Human Hair Blend’ can be good for two or three washes, offered you’re very cautious. With human hair the method is exactly the identical however be extra cautious as it will certainly shed extra.
Synthetic Hair (e.g. Batik)
I’m but to come back throughout someone who has tried to clean artificial hair, but I daresay you’d find yourself with a lot of blood, sweat and tears. It’s a foul idea ladies, don’t do this to yourselves!
Above all, you might want to take good care of your pure hair under the weave. Yes, you may keep a weave in for about three months if crucial, however I would recommend leaving it in for one month most. This offers your scalp time to breathe each 4 weeks, and enables you to deal with your hair in order keep it clear and healthy.