hair straight home remedy, david beckam hairstyles,FREE SHIPPING on all human hair wigs. If you’re searching for the best value in a Remy Human Hair Wig from the top designers, you’re on the right site.,
Jessica Jean Myers
Tips on how to Get Pictures From Brides After The wedding!
As any of my readers can tell from the various posts I do on here sharing pics from my brides on their wedding day I believe it is safe to say I am somewhat of a pro at getting pics from brides after their wedding. I probably see pics from at the very least 75% of my brides after their weddings…that’s really high! But one in all the biggest complaints I hear from other artists…esp. newer artists is that they don’t have enough pics on their site b/c brides do not send them pics after the wedding.
Guess what…it is up to YOU to take the initiative to follow up w/ brides to get pics. Only a few brides are going to recollect to send their makeup artist pics after the wedding…truthfully after the marriage guess what you aren’t a priority and they have NEW bigger and better things to do then remember to send you pics. It is up to you to be SUPER proactive but not quite annoying to get pics from brides…and it might probably actually be a fine line to walk between the 2.
I should note that I always ensure my brides are okay w/ me showcasing their pics on my blog or site and any bride that would not be okay w/ that I would not do it plain and simple! Truth is I believe most brides sort of get a kick out of being featured on a website or blog…kind of just like the “star treatment”…I mean I know I would feel really proud and beautiful if someone thought I used to be pretty enough to be on their site!
This is how I lay the groundwork to up the possibilities that I will see pictures after the wedding.
1. I start right on the trial. Yes, that is right – at the trial I will always ask who the photographer is. In reality I ask it on my contract now too! I like to research ppl in my biz…always important to find out about new talent in spite of everything…plus networking is oh so important in this biz! I always make mention how important the photographs are to the whole day…I mean they’re after all of the memories of the day! And i always make mention that I can’t wait to see the pics after the marriage day b/c I do know they are going to be gorgeous…b/c guess what – they’re! I am good at what I do…in order that raises the possibilities of fine pics by So much! Plus w/ a great photographer even essentially the most uncomfortable girl in front of the camera can usually get a number of good shots w/ the right lighting, angle and makeup and hair! Also, if I can I prefer to ask if they’ll do an engagement shoot…another thing I think is Oh So Important! Great practice in front of the camera and great way to get to know the photographer to feel more comfortable. AND it is an opportunity for me to up sell my services for an additional event…and possibly get more pictures…b/c I am a greedy little picture monster muah hahaha!
2. On the marriage day everyone seems to be (hopefully) in a good and excited mood! In the event you do your job right the bride must be feeling relaxed, happy and probably the most gorgeous she’s EVER felt in her entire life! After all on the marriage day I am always mentioning how I can’t wait to see the pics. I mean I like seeing the bride all done up and all my hard work on display. I love getting the beauty shots within the hotel or home but I really like seeing the pics throughout the wedding too! I love to see how my work held up throughout the night or learn a thing or two on things I might have improved on. I don’t always get to see the bride all dressed so in fact I love seeing pics of her all done up and looking out beautiful and perfect. I feel the last thing I say before I leave the bride is Congratulations, I can not wait to see the pics, you look beautiful!
3. The wedding day is also an important chance to satisfy the photographer if you possibly can. Unfortunately, my timing does not always overlap w/ the photographer. It really will depend on how the bride has the scheduling arrange that day. But when it does it is a terrific strategy to ask for the photographer’s card, that way if the bride does not remember to send you photos (b/c she’s just gotten busy w/ “real life” after the wedding) but you’ve gotten her permission to make use of photos of her you’ll be able to always contact the photographer yourself! Sometimes the bride has shared a gallery w/ me but never ended up sending pics or sometimes I’ve never seen pics at all…but usually a nicely worded email peppered w/ somewhat flattery to the photographer and they are more than willing themselves to david beckam hairstyles send you a few web size images from the day. Totally let them know it’s okay if they want to place a small watermark on the pictures (it is just the web in spite of everything). Plus I always assure them that I’ll be sure to present them full credit for the photo and link their website up to my site or blog whenever possible. I’ve never had a photographer against that type of thing personally.
4. A couple of days after the wedding I always send a follow up email to my bride just to let her know it was a pleasure to work w/ her and her friends and family on her wedding day and i always end the email w/ a short note saying I am unable to wait to see the pics!…do you see where I am going here…I’m not being pushy, I’m just mentioning it repeatedly at appropriate moments to slowly work it into their minds that I really, really want to see their pics after their wedding lol!
5. So I’ve a number of weddings…sometimes 4 a weekend. That’s a lot of brides and pictures to sustain w/ esp. during busy, busy wedding season. The way I’ve dealt w/ that is to make an inventory of names w/ their wedding date beside it. Usually, after 1.5-2 mths I will send a brief follow up email to see how the bride is doing and to see if she has any pics yet. I always ensure to tell her no rush just checking in. Sometimes, she has them and sometimes she would not. If I get pics I can then cross her name off my list. If not, I’ll check back in a few weeks or kind of see what she says…if she says it will likely be awhile b/c they have not even look through pics I know not to bug her again for awhile.
6. If I did not get pics once i david beckam hairstyles asked the first time I will usually send another email inquiring about pics a few weeks or a mth later. If I do not hear back from her or she just never sends me pics but I know from our past correspondences she was going to but just got busy…that is when I am going to contact the photographer if I’ve their info.
7. If after all that I haven’t got pics then I just should let it go…can’t go harassing the previous client in spite of everything. Sometimes it sucks b/c you know her photos were going to be gorgeous or amazing but you don’t want her telling ppl ugh the makeup artist is such a pest or something like that. I always make sure that once i ask to say if you do not have them yet no worries, no rush, just checking in.
Only a side note…I personally only prefer to have professional pics on my site now…but that’s b/c I have been doing this a couple of years and have enough pics now. If you don’t, there may be nothing stopping you from asking the bride if you’ll be able to take a couple of snap shots of her and her bridesmaids w/ your phone or camera. Most brides are more than happy to do that. Plus, then you do not have to attend a couple of mths for pics if you actually need them!
Also, quite a lot of artists do Before & After shots w/ their cameras. I do know it is really popular w/ brides and I’m all for it if the artist wants to do it…personally though I just do not feel right asking my bride if they mind me posting pics of them w/out any makeup. I do know I would not want pics of me on someone’s site looking like how I know I look w/ no makeup lol (despite the fact that I’ve posted no makeup pics on this blog lol). But like I said that’s really a private choice for the artist.
Another side note….depending on my rapport w/ the bride I can even sometimes ask for a review at various sites…I of course give them the links to the sites…need to make this as easy as possible for them. I totally let me know they under no circumstances have to do that they usually shouldn’t feel any pressure whatsoever it just helps me and my business rather a lot. A lot less brides go through the steps to write down reviews and I’m fine w/ that…I NEVER ask more than once a few review…to me that’s very different than pics.
So anyway, here’s some more pics I’ve collected within the last week or so from some of my brides this past Summer! My website is getting so full I am trying to do away with among the older pics but I like all of them a lot it is hard lol!
Amanda – Did both her Hair & Makeup…such gorgeous naturally curly hair!
Meaghan wanted a quite simple almost rustic look. I think we accomplished that w/ her Hair & Makeup. I really like her small, doll like features!
david beckam hairstyles