Pets and Animals
From the parrot’s beak: June 18 version
Updated on June 17, 2017 George Sommers moreContact Writer Airplane used for flights between Key West, FL and Hyannis, MA features a logo of a pirate along with his parrot. – Photo by George Sommers – Pollytics ’17: The special election in Georgia sixth District is surprisingly tight, with Republican Karen Handel pulling out all of the stops in her battle with Democrat Jon Ossoff; including assist from a motorcyclist group and Vice President Mike Pence. However Handel’s secret weapon will be the parrot vote. At one home, Handel canvassers were greeted by Scott McDaniel; barefoot, in palm tree lined pajama bottoms, an African grey parrot staring placidly from her perch on his fingers. his is Reagan,he mentioned, introducing the fowl. amed after Ronald Reagan.- From https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexislevinson/bikers-a-p
– What, No Duct Tape?: However, super glue and matchsticks had been used by veterinarians at the Perth Zoo to restore a parrot’s severely burned wings. “Effecdtively it is alongside the lines of hair extensions,” commented one of the veterinarians. The bird is predicted to be able to fly once more. – From a Fb video
– It’s a Jungle out there or so say neighbors of the sounds coming from the yard of Castro Valley, CA. Sherriff’s deputies have been summoned to the property, where they found 500 parrots and different exotic birds The birds weren’t confiscated as there are no facilities sufficiently equipped top take them all. Owner of the property reportedly sells the birds on Craigslist for up to $2000 every but has been having bother discovering patrons. Apart from the noise factor, authorities question, “Are these parrots healthy? Do they have any diseases? Are those diseases a risk to our indigenous species?” – From http://www.nbcbayarea.com/information/local/Tons of-of-Caged-Birds-Illegally-Stored-at-Castro-Valley-House-Sheriffs-Office-428336103.html
– Breed All About It: Loro Parque, situated in Tenerife, Spain, is a Mecca for parrot fans. The ability has had success this 12 months and late final yr in breeding northern rosellas (a tough species to breed in captivity) in addition to Pyhrrura parakeets, iris loris and purple bellied parrots. From http://www.parrotsdailynews.com/the-breeding-season-has-started-with-the-singing-blue-bellied-parrots/
– Film Evening with the Birds: Simply watched “Logan”. As a aspect word and dwell leisure, Frankie (Congo African grey) kept making an attempt to steer Gigi (timneh African grey) to “Go night evening,” as they ate popcorn and watched the movie with us. Gigi just laughed at Frankie, which of course made all of us chuckle too.- experiences a extremely positioned American Federation for Aviculture official
– Snowball in Summer: Snowball the cockatoo; renowned for his easy dancing moves on Youtube and scientific studies, and handler Irena Schulz have starring roles in a documentary which has aired within the UK and a miniseries in Canada. “I’m choosy about the interviews and initiatives that I do with Snowball the last few years. I solely do meaningful, scientific, or educational projects/interviews…I’ve carried out away with all of the “fluff” interviews and initiatives,” says Irena.- From Fb
– Didja Know: Parrots usually lay 8-12 eggs at a time.The eggs incubate from 18 to 30 days whereas the parents take turns sitting on them. Parrot chicks are born with simply a thin layer of advantageous feathers called down. The chicks are blind for the primary 2 weeks of their lives. At 3 weeks, their adult feathers start to are available in. Chicks don reach full maturity until they are 1 to four years old, depending on the species.
– Parrotrivia: SpongeBob and sidekick Patrick Star are apparently headed for demise in “The SpongeBob SquarePants Film”. The scene switches to a dwell action shot of a film theater stuffed with pirates; all weeping over the animated pair’s plight. An Amazon parrot lands on one of the buccaneers’ and admonishes him to “Shut up and look at the display.”
– Bedtime for Birdzo: All of these silly birds have determined they should trot down the hall for hugs earlier than they go to sleep. First Sinbad’s at my ft and crawling up my leg… then Mongo… had to put them both again when Fremont began into the living room. Herding parrots is like herding cats! – From a Facebook put up.
– Quote o’ the Week: We ran out of pistachios? Don’t you mean you will run out and get pistachios? Our verbs are making me tense.
– Sizzling Dates: 6/18: Early chicken fee for the 2017 August 3 – 5 AFA Convention in Tucson, AZ expires — 6/20: Laurie Hess, DVM, Diplomate ABVP (Avian Follow) talks about reproduction, bornavirus, feather choosing, and cholesterol/heart illness (presumably specific to birds) at the Veterinary Middle for Birds width:520px;height:250px” information-ad-consumer=”ca-pub-4464567708051211″ knowledge-advert-host=”pub-6958755572607374″> Associated
ParrotsWild Quaker Parrots of latest Orleans
ParrotsPopular African Gray Parrots
by heidi new hubber0
Animal Rights peak:75px” class=”thumbphoto”>ParrotsFrom the parrot’s beak: funhouse version
by George Sommers0
ParrotsMy chook went lacking and that i acquired him again – three times!
ParrotsAre You Educating Your Parrot to Chunk?
by Athlyn Green1
ParrotsWild Quaker Parrots of latest Orleans