Shave after a shower, when the hair softens, it is less complicated to shave.
- Use a superb shaving product, apply a shaving gel on your pores and skin a couple of minutes earlier than shaving to soften the hair. Do not use any product that contains alcohol, it would dry your skin making it difficult for the ingrown hair to return out.
- All the time shave within the route of the hair growth. Hair on the face grows downwards, whereas on the neck it grows upwards.
- Use a new razor every time you shave, a dull blade is extra prone to cause ingrowth.
- Avoid a really close shave by using a single-blade razor or an electric razor.
- Don’t stretch the skin whenever you shave, also avoid placing too much stress on the razor.
- Avoid continuous strokes in the identical space and rinse the blade after each stroke.
- After shaving, applying an antiseptic will be very helpful in stopping ingrown hair, witch-hazel may even be used.
- Also, wait until your hair grows, very small hair won’t be removed properly, resulting in ingrowth.
Ingrown hair is probably the most annoying skin problems; it will probably either disappear on its own or develop into a bump and get contaminated. ‘Pseudofolliculitis barbae’ or ingrown hair happens when the hair gets trapped within the hair follicle. This normally happens after hair removing, when the hair has sharp edges and it curls again into the skin and grows contained in the pores and skin instead of rising out. Ingrowth can occur on any part of the physique that’s regularly shaved. In males, it is often seen on the face and neck and in girls in the armpit areas, legs and the bikini line. It’s most common in people who’ve thick curly hair. It’s often a harmless condition, but typically it may well get infected and depart scars on the physique.
Ideas to forestall Ingrown Hair Follicles
Under are some easy tips that can aid you forestall ingrown hair follicles, make them a part of your pores and skin care routine to get clean skin.
Tip #1 ~ Optimum Exfoliation
Exfoliating recurrently will assist prevent ingrown hair, by removing lifeless skin that traps hair. Use a loofah and a mild physique scrub every time you shower. You may also make your individual exfoliator by mixing baking soda or sugar with liquid soap. If in case you have sensitive skin, exfoliate very gently. Scrubs containing salicylic acid or glycolic acid are notably effective in dealing with shaving bumps.
Tip #2 ~ Safe Shaving Regimen
Figuring out to shave within the exact method and the things to comply with or avoid during and after shaving can go a long way in forbidding ingrown hair.- Shave after a shower, when the hair softens, it is less complicated to shave.
- Use a superb shaving product, apply a shaving gel on your skin a few minutes earlier than shaving to soften the hair. Do not use any product that contains alcohol, it’ll dry your skin making it difficult for the ingrown hair to come out.
- Always shave in the route of the hair growth. Hair on the face grows downwards, while on the neck it grows upwards.
- Use a new razor each time you shave, a dull blade is extra likely to trigger ingrowth.
- Avoid a very close shave through the use of a single-blade razor or an electric razor.
- Don’t stretch the pores and skin once you shave, additionally keep away from placing a lot strain on the razor.
- Keep away from continuous strokes in the same space and rinse the blade after every stroke.
- After shaving, making use of an antiseptic could be very helpful in preventing ingrown hair, witch-hazel may even be used.
- Also, wait till your hair grows, very small hair will not be removed properly, leading to ingrowth.
Tip #3 ~ Utility of Depilatory
Use a depilatory cream to do away with undesirable hair as a substitute of shaving. These creams comprise a chemical which dissolves the hair shaft and thus there are much less chances of an ingrown hair follicle.
Tip #four ~ Cleansing and Moisturizing
The two sectors of pores and skin care necessities that go hand in hand in preventing ingrown hair follicles are cleansing and moisturizing. Use a mild cleanser and a moisturizer in line with your skin kind, when the hair follicles are moisturized, hair will develop in the fitting course. Be sure your moisturizer is non comedogenic, to prevent clogging of pores.
Treatment of Ingrown Hair Follicles
Ingrown hair follicles might barely be noticeable at first, however with time they could grow to a purple bump and get crammed with pus. The world may also become irritated and itchy. You need to use a warm compress to get the hair to the floor. To deal with the infection, you need to use the same topical creams that you employ for acne. Utility of pure aloe vera creams are additionally useful in treating an infection, alternately one can use tea tree oil to scale back inflammation. A mixture of cucumber and chilly milk may also be used to reduce itchiness and inflammation. So far as doable, keep away from tweezing and plucking of hair as it is likely to lead to scarring and might sometimes push the hair even deeper. Keep away from carrying tight clothes, it can solely aggravate the situation.
As with other pores and skin problems akin to dandruff and acne, uncommon occurrences are widespread. Nevertheless, utilizing the fitting hair removal method and taking a couple of precautions will enable you to a great deal in preventing ingrown hair. Make use of the above stated suggestions and observe a daily pores and skin care routine to keep your pores and skin soft and supple.